Sunday, June 1, 2014

The reason is, of course, climate change, which I understood the seriousness of the consequences in

Our planet is in emergency mode
I planned my future at a young age. I had no idea what hakisin to college and what to study. Later, I began to bother my head to the place where I would work, what kinds of articles to write what the next book might look like, how would I pay asuntovelkani and what I would like to go mountain climbing.
Today, I am worried about the future of our planet. The last time I met the siblings of 10 - and 12-years of age, I did not ask for what they want to do as adults, or any other forward-looking questions that I asked myself. This is because their generation will be a lot more probably to ask questions: matson Where do they come to get clean water from? What kind of food might be available? And what parts of their countries and the Earth are at all habitable?
The reason is, of course, climate change, which I understood the seriousness of the consequences in earnest until the summer of 2010. I was climbing Mount Rainier in Washington State, and I went the same route as in 1994., This time I did not get to experience the crampons biting into the glacier. On the contrary, I became painfully aware of the fact that the high elevations jäärautani kirskuivat volcanic against the rock. Just before dawn footsteps struck a spark.
Climbing route was changed matson dramatically. I stopped to look at the steep cliffs a hundred feet below the moonlit night of the glacier. Salpautui my spirit when I realized watching in 1994 to climb the remains of a huge glacier. It is at that point crampons your climb below kirskunut was indeed something other than stone. I stopped to breathe in the thin air and I tried frantically to understand climate change, glacier caused the tragedy.
Since then, I have not been to Mount Rainier check on how much further the glacier shrinking has had time. Instead, I'm trying to figure out how bad climate change can proceed. In this way, I came across the ranks of scientists who believe that the situation is not only very poor, but disastrous. Even though they can not possibly keep climatologists in the majority, they form a perceptive minority.
Some researchers go further conclusions: if the atmosphere inundated with a record number of carbon is joined by a large enough methane emissions (methane is a much stronger greenhouse gas carbon dioxide) life on Earth as we know can be a way into the distance. They fear that we have of climate change on the edge - or perhaps already fallen there.
It is worth noting that even conservative climatologists, such as the prestigious Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), members of the group, performing hiuksianostattavia scenarios that do not differ much from the pessimistic views of researchers. Still cling to a moment in their views of scientists who claim that we are on the edge.
"The human species has never before faced a situation where the atmosphere every million four hundred particle is carbon dioxide (400ppm)," says the University of Arizona in evolutionary biology, the study of natural resources and ecology, Professor Emeritus Guy McPherson. matson He has studied climate change for 25 years. "We've never lived on the planet who does not have the Arctic ice caps and we have the next few years to a situation where the average matson atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration exceeds 400ppm level. The disappearance of the Arctic ice sheet we will find, especially during the summer months. The Arctic region has not been ice-free for at least three million years. "
At its simplest, the Arctic melting of the means of our planet warming. Without the ice-free solar radiation is reflected back, but on the contrary the Arctic Ocean absorbs the energy itself. This heats the ocean, and thus the entire planet even further. While warming weather fluctuations able to transform the global regularities, wind currents, and even the jet stream position. The poles around the blowing jet streams are tubular zones of strong wind high in the atmosphere. They move warm and cold air masses, thus affecting the critically on weather phenomena on the planet. matson
Nature Bats Last blog grip McPherson sums up: "We have never been in a similar situation matson as a species. The effects matson are extremely serious and threaten not only their own existence also of all the living. matson "
Although McPherson's views are fiercer than the collapse until the end of the decades seem to feel that mainstreaming climate scientists, he is by no means the only one that shows a similar concern. Cambridge University's Professor Peter Wadhams has measured the thickness of the Arctic ice for forty years, and his findings support the McPherson fears. Wadhams later, "The volume of ice collapse has been so rapid that the ice is melting matson end very soon." In the light of current knowledge, he says,

No comments:

Post a Comment